top of page

Did you know that parent carers can pay less Council Tax if their child requires extra space because

This applies to families in the UK with children who use a wheelchair indoors, who need an extra bathroom/kitchen to meet their needs, or who require another room due to a disability — such as for therapy or treatment.

Read more about the Council Tax Disability Reduction Scheme and eligibility criteria here

If you qualify, your bill will be charged at the next lowest Council Tax band (those already on the lowest band get a 17% discount instead). You can ask for this to be backdated, but seek further advice if you're looking for more than 6 years of backdating.

Contact your local council online or by phone to apply. They may ask for extra evidence, such as a letter from your child's doctor or social worker.

10 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Easy access wins Tip 1

Clear Signage: Ensure that signs directing to accessible entrances, toilets, and parking spaces are clear, visible, and easy to understand and at a position a wheelchair user can read the sign.


bottom of page